Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Meme

Found this on another blog and I shamelessly copied it.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bag? Wrapping paper. Gift bags are nice for odd-shaped items but it's more fun watching them unwrap something--especially since I use a lot of tape.

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial with a can of pine scented spray. I have a pre-lit tree and it saves hours of time.

3. When do you put up your tree? Usually by the 10th of December.

4. When do you take down your tree? New Year's Day.

5. Do you like eggnog? Bleah! We had it every year for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I drank it when I was younger because everyone else was. Once I realized I could voice my own opinions (about 13years old), I said "no more" and haven't had a drop since.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Snoopy dog. I still have it.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Somewhere.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Any adult male in my family.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My sister MB.

10. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received? Cotton flanel Zodiac imprinted sheets. I would have liked them when I was a teen, but not in my mid-
30s. Took them back to W**-M*** and traded them for a set of hand weights. I still use them.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I'm still old-fasioned that way.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Meet Me in St. Louis.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I start thinking about it in October and start shopping in mid-November.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. A gift from inside the family to someone outside the family.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chocolate and Vanilla Pinwheel Cookies!

16. White or colored lights? White lights on the tree, colored lights everywhere else.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells. Any classic carol sung by a choir.

18. Traveling for Christmas or stay home? Staying home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen, Rudolph and Olive (Olive the other reindeer...)

20. Angel or Star on top of tree? Home tree has a star, office tree has an angel...so both!

21. Open presents Christmas Eve or Morning? Christmas Morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Commercialization of Christmas, "gimmie, gimmie, gimmie", radio stations that play non-stop Christmas songs from the middle of November (one or two an hour is okay, but not non-stop!) and sappy, predictable "new" Christmas movies.

23. What I love most about Christmas? Being with family.

No comments: