Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Goodness

Has it really been (almost) three weeks since I last posted? My, time certainly does fly, doesn't it?

Well, let's start off with the good nephew's wife had their baby yesterday! Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present, Ms. Ajia Dita Trinidy (fanfare, please)

Isn't she the sweetest! I'm a great-aunt and my mother's a great grandmother! (okay, enough with the exclamation marks.) The hospital posts pictures of all the newborns on the site so we were able to access the picture quickly. While I was looking at the other baby pictures, I ran across this little gem, name of Atticus Ranson Felix:

The caption under this picture should read "my name is WHAT???" Poor kid, what a name!

Mom flies out next Tuesday so she gets to see the baby in person. Of course, she'll take lots of pictures...she's a little like me in that respect.

Hmmm, let's see...what else has been going on...I printed out my story to date and heaven help me it needs editing. You couldn't follow this mess with a map and a compass and a GPS and a tour guide. I spent a little time in the library earlier today and will likely go again tomorrow after church. It's easier to concentrate there without all the distractions of home. It's such a mess, I'm actually kind of depressed about it. I will work through it though, but I won't project how long it'll take me to finish because I honestly have no idea.

My only other news is that I spent the wee small hours of this past Thursday morning at the hospital emergency room. I've been having some heartburn related issues that I was kind of controlling with Tums, but on Wednesday, I had a disturbing new symptom. It happened a couple hours after lunch. My chest was feeling tight, but my pulse and breathing were normal. I had taken a tums and was waiting for it to work when I felt this flush all over my chest, shoulders and upper arms. It was like that feeling you get right before you throw up, only I didn't feel hot. It lasted for about fifteen, twenty minutes, then it faded away. It was very weird. I did ask the other two women I work with if I looked flush and they said I did, but as I said, it faded and I put it out of my mind.

Later that night, it happened again about an hour after dinner and this time my mother witnessed it. It scared her (not to mention me) because I have a history of heart disease in my family. My father died of a heart attack at age 56, and his father died of one in his 70s, so the fear is there. The flush faded and my mother was reluctant to let me go to bed, but I said I was okay. Problem was, I wasn't...I was too worried about what might be wrong that I could only get about two hours or so of sleep. I woke up around one am and Mom took me to the emergency room.

The good news is, my heart and lungs are fine. They did blood tests, an EKG, CAT scan and chest X-Ray, and they all came back clear. Basically, I just have acid reflux. I saw my regular doctor that afternoon and he put me on Axid to control the acid reflux. I'll be taking it for about three months, to give my esophagus time to heal. I go back next Thursday for a check-up and I'll be happy to report that the Axid is already working. I'm definitely noticing a difference. The only caution is that there might be something wrong with my gall bladder. He's having the hospital run additional tests and I'll get the results Thursday. I'll let you know when I know.

Well, that's all for now. It's late, and I need to get some sleep. G'nite all!

No comments: