Monday, February 2, 2009

Yay Steelers!!!

Okay, so let's review the list of resolutions and see how we're doing, okay?

1) Study the New Testament. - Okay, I'm a bit behind in this, so I need to make more time to fulfill this resolution.

2) Continue writing my story. - I finished January with 22,845 words. Short of my goal of 30,000, but I'm pretty happy with what I did accomplish, plus I still have more to write, thanks to Pixie...who I think has jetted off to Paris for Valentine's Day. Yeah, she's early, but that's the way she is. Hopefully, she'll come back with something for me.

3) Lose 50 pounds. - Haven't lost a single pound, but neither have I gained one, so not too bad. Besides, I have ALL YEAR to work on this one, right???

4) Improve my attitude at work. - It's working, what can I say?

5) Look for a new job. - I'm looking, but pickings are slim here in the Valley.

6) Post to my blog more often. - Ten posts in January, that's one every three days. Not bad, if I say so myself (and I do).


So I feel pretty good about this. Compared to 90+% of the population, I'm still working on my resolutions while that 90+% have given up (Editor's note: percentage of resolution-giver-uppers is a shot in the dark and not based on any actual statistics...as if we could be bothered to find any.)

Write-ins resume this Saturday, so I'm taking a little break from writing this week. If I feel absolutely compelled to write, then I will, but I'm not pushing it because I want to have something to do come Saturday. Oh, and I thought up a new story plot! Came to me out of the blue. It's not part of the one I'm working on...it'll be a brand new story, but I really like the idea. I put it in a new file so I don't forget it...maybe it'll be my NaNo 2009 story?

Finally, if you're wondering about the title of this post, the Pittsburgh Steelers won the Super Bowl last night (yay!) I have the morning off--Boss Man declared this morning a holiday which he titled "Steelers Appreciation Morning." Had they lost, it would be "Steelers Mourning Morning." But they won, so that's good. Boss Man is a RABID Steelers fan, so everyone in the office (I think everyone) was rooting for the Steelers last night. They came close to losing, but managed to pull off a great game-saving touchdown in the last minutes of the game. It was a great game, no matter who was playing, and I'm glad the boss will be happy because his team won.

My only problem is, I have no yellow shirts in my wardrobe, so I can't properly wear black, white and yellow. So I'll wear black and white with gold jewelry. That's the closest I can get. At least I won't be wearing Cardinal red, like I did to church yesterday morning!

No comments: