Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pictures

I know, I know, I promised these last week, but life's been pretty busy lately, trying to catch up at work, my chores at home, my writing assignment and taking care of all the other lovely things that crop up daily. Plus, I started walking recently at the park--they have a "parcourse" that will really test your level of fitness. I'm not so sure about that term, "parcourse"...it's a walking trail that has about fifteen or twenty places to stop and do a particular exercise, like jumping jacks, sit-ups, knee lifts, chin-ups, etc. If anyone knows a different name for these kinds of courses, please let me know. I'm certain there's another name for them, I just can't think of it.

Anyway, on with the pictures!

According to my friend, they were having quite the dry spell pretty much August through September. That changed when I arrived. It was overcast and raining most of the time that I was there. It didn't clear up until--you guessed it, the day I left. Actually, the afternoon before. I managed to make it to the beach Saturday afternoon and here are a few pictures I took.

















And here's the next day...the sky was so much clearer.

















One of the things I love about the Myrtle Beach area was the beautiful cloud formations I saw. (I'm sure you'd probably see the same in other beach areas.)

Well, fingers crossed, I may be going back again in late November or over the Christmas/New Year holiday. Temps in the 40s and empty beaches. Can't wait!

No comments: