Friday, January 23, 2009

My Muse...

...is such a comedian.

Or maybe that should be comedienne since she is, after all, female. Not sure what her name is yet. She's never told me. Maybe she's waiting for me to name her. I'll have to think about that.

Anyway, back to the subject...you see, she was apparently on vacation because I went for quite a while there with no new ideas for my story, no fresh insights, no scene ideas, nothing. I did a lot of backstory, but backstory doesn't propel your story forward, which is what should be happening. Which is why I wrote that post on the 18th, saying I was giving up for a while.

This afternoon, she showed up at my office and dropped six new scenes in my lap. No joke. Six scenes. I was, like, Where on earth have you been??? And she said, all innocent-like--you know how they are--"I was on the beach in Bora Bora. You know that's where I go to get new ideas for you." Yeah, and that all-over tan didn't come from a salon, you know what I mean? I think she got her hair cut, too.

So here I am, 8000 words behind, and the little wench finally shows up with enough material to take me well into next month. Thanks, Pixie. Hey, I think I like that name...Pixie.

No comments: