Monday, September 10, 2007

Blog Transfer, 5-14-2007

Right now, what I want to write about most is...my writing! I recently started a writing course that is aimed at completing a novel or at least the first few chapters and prepare to submit the work for publication. This is a really big step for me because writing is something I've wanted to do for a very long time. When I was invited to take part in this course, I jumped at it because finally I have the motivation to really explore where one of the many ideas in my head wants to go.

I submitted my first assignment last month and then about two weeks after I submitted it, I discovered that I completely messed it up! The first assignment was supposed to be an introductory letter and two or three short--maybe a page long--story ideas with titles. I sent in maybe two paragraphs for each idea, with no titles and I'm supposed to send in two copies of each assignment and I only sent one. I could have gone on for pages about my ideas, but only managed to squeeze out a couple paragraphs each.

I felt so bad, I wanted to call my instructor right away, but the only way I have to reach her is through snail mail. I should be hearing from her some time this week...hopefully she'll be gentle with me. I did finally send a short letter to her on Saturday, apologizing for messing up. Now that I did that, I can almost guarantee to get my assignment back tomorrow.

You want to know what my story is about? I'm going to have to tell you another time...

No comments: