Monday, September 10, 2007

Blog Transfer, 6-5-2007

Wo-hoo! I finished my writing assignment! Exactly 1,055 words.

Okay, maybe I'm not really finished. The second half is still a bit rough. I used more dialog in the second half than in the first half, so I think I need to edit it just a little bit, but it's not a complete scene. I'm kind of leaving it with a cliff hanger, so there's more that would follow, so maybe it'll all balance out in the end. But I'm so glad I'm almost done! I'm going to let it sit overnight, then look at it again tomorrow evening. If I can't think of anything to add or take away, I'm going to send it in.


What a relief. Part of the reason I was under the gun to finish this was because I took so long to read the study material for Assignment 2. If I hadn't taken so long doing that, I would have had more time to work on the "homework". But I've learned my lesson. As soon as this goes into the mail, I'll start the study material for Assignment 3. I'm going to aim to have the studying done by the end of the month.


I know, I know, that's more than three weeks, but there are a lot of little exercises in the material and they take some time to complete. Plus, some of the exercises lead to ideas and they need to be explored or at least noted so they won't be forgotten. And of course, lets not forget about all the little curve balls this thing called "life" tends to throw at us.


So...short entry for now, but it's getting late and I need to get to bed. Who know how deep the stack of work is that I'm going to find on my desk in the morning??? That's the other thing...my boss has really kept me busy this past week, otherwise I would have had time to work on the assignment while at the office.
Ah, but that's okay...it's almost done!!!

No comments: