Monday, September 10, 2007

Blog Transfer, 7-25-2007

I'm Back! Online, that is. I burned out the power supply on my pc a few days ago...yeah, it's been a nice couple of days being without my computer. I have a PC at work, so I haven't been completely without, but I like to start my mornings reading my comics while I have breakfast. I'm a creature of habit and like to keep to my routine in the mornings and evenings. Because I haven't been able to, I've been a bit irritable and, well, okay, I'll say it...bitchy. I think I was pretty successful disguising it...I think...I was really feeing it this afternoon and it was all I could do not to lash out.

After work today, I headed for a local PC supply store. The only "big" computer retailer in my town is Circuit City...the nearest Best Buy is an hour away. I checked online, and the cheapest power supply that meets my needs was almost $100.00! Ebay was my next pick, but I didn't know if I wanted to wait that long, and I don't quite trust myself to be able to confidently buy one online and have it be exactly what I need. I wanted to buy it in person so I could return it if something was wrong. So I drove down to a local store.

I pulled up in front of the store and looked at the parking meters...and realized I had exactly two pennies in my wallet. I don't know about the meters in your town, but the ones in mine don't take pennies. I thought about risking it, but I know with my luck, the meter maid would be right around the corner just waiting to pounce. I drove about 1/2 a mile down the street and found a 7-11. I got some cash from the ATM and picked up a bottle of water...and waited while this girl (who didn't look old enough to have all the tattoos and piercings and to be buying that pack of cigarettes) pay for them and a soda with a wallet full of change. At least her purse now weighs about two pounds lighter. I paid for my water and drove back to the store. I took the change, walked up to the meter...and read "Enforcement of this meter is between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m." It was 4:40 p.m.
I didn't need any change to park there! Aarrgh!

Well, I was thirsty, so I needed water anyway...but that ticked me off...

Anyway, I went in and bought their last power supply for only $40.00. Perfect. When I got it home, it was pretty easy to swap it out. I'm not a complete computer expert, but I can handle the easy things. I've installed a second hard drive, a wireless internet card, and wiped out the hard drive and reinstalled the operating system, so I'm kind of handy. I had my nephew, who is an expert, take a look at it and make sure I didn't mess anything up. Obviously I didn't since I'm back online!!! I'm so happy, now I can get back to my routine...my morning comics and my evening Pogo!

Oh...maybe you're wondering about my writing. My assignment is due to my instructor on Aug 3. That's nine days. It's almost done. I'm drawing up the basic plot outline. Like anything else, it's fluid, things can and will change, but I need to get the basics down. I actually feel like I finished it around the first of this month, but it happened so quickly and easily, I thought for sure something must be wrong with it! So I've gone back to it about every three or four days, and I've added a few lines, but otherwise, it hasn't changed. So I guess I'm actually done...I'm going to wait and do my final edits this weekend and send it out by Monday.
I'm so glad to be back!

No comments: