Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Random Musings on a Quiet Day

Not much happened today at work, so I got to thinking (never a good thing)...

* Flipping through the post-Emmy Fashion reviews on AIM Today, I came across two women dressed in matching blue outfits. I looked at the blonde on the right and wondered who she was--she looked familiar but I couldn't place her--but thought she looked great in her dress. And isn't it nice she brought her mother with her to the Emmy's? Oh wait...if that's Portia diRossi...that must be Ellen DeGeneres! Oh dear...there's a lot to be said for having the right camera angles, isn't there? And I thought the days of Hollywood couples wearing matching outfits was over.

* Kathy Griffin - I watched her show "My Life on the D-List" a few times and I've seen a few of her performances. I like her comedy because she tells these great stories rather than just one-liners or stale jokes. I think her language is too coarse, but I let it go because I like her stories. She comes from a Cathoic background but isn't religious herself--I learned that from her show. Sometimes I wonder if her lifestyle is the way it is because she's running as hard as she can from her background. Whatever the reason, there was absolutely no call for her to say what she did about our Lord and Savior. If she wants to show herself as a woman against religion, she couldn't have found a better way.

I used to root for Kathy...rather than fade away into obscurity as most celebs do when they're into their fourteenth minute, she rallied back and began to rebuild herself. She turned lemons into lemonade, she turned negatives into positives...whatever cliche you like, she was rebuidling herself. When she won her Emmy, I was happy for her...until I learned of her comments.

Personally, I thank my Lord and Savior for two things; one, that the broadcasters had the common, decent sense to censor her comments (though of course, we all know what those comments were thanks to the internet), and two, I know where my remote control's "OFF" button is. I won't be watching her show anymore. I hope she continues to make a success out of her life because everyone deserves the best, but she will do it with one less fan.


* Britney, honey, I have a little bit of advice for you--not that you're likely to hear it thanks to the voices in your head--but the best thing you can do to rebuild your image at this point would be to take your boys and "go to ground". Of course, that might be difficult seeing as you might be losing custody. You need to disappear off the papparazzi radar for a while. Come up for air when you absolutely have to, then go back to your cave. Take care of yourself and your boys. Be their mother. Be good to yourself. And get some serious, serious counseling. Don't release an album, don't make a movie (please!), don't make an appearance unless it is a carefully orchestrated one. Then, after a year or two, launch your comeback as an ADULT, not as an aged teen. Show the world you can be mature and that your respect yourself. I think you'll be surprised at the response you'll get.

*Lindsey, see above, minus the kids and custody stuff. You, unlike Britney, have true talent, especially for acting. I don't know what they're teaching you at rehab, but take it to heart. Take yourself seriously. Yes, it's fun to party, but you only get this one life. Don't ruin it. Don't wake up ten years from now regretting that you lost out on opportunities because you were too drunk or stoned. I would love to see you come back strong, mature, and ready to show the world that you take yourself seriously.

*Okay, just saw another pic of Ellen and Portia on MSN. This camera angle was much better. Much.

*And finally, Idiots in the News

Nebraska Democratic State Senator Ernie Chambers has decided to go straight to the top in an effort to stop natural disasters from befalling the world. Chambers filed a lawsuit against God in Douglas County Court Friday afternoon, KPTM Fox 42 reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297121,00.html

I'd hate to have to be the process server...only one way to serve those papers.

No comments: